- Go through the test and mark / flag all design questions for review without spending any time on them. Finish the multiple choice and many to many boxes-of-doom questions and save the design questions for last.
- For the long scenario multiple choice questions, see if you can answer the question from just the last line or last short paragraph without reading the whole thing.
I'll add to those:
- Go through the quick demo of how the design questions work. It's not the same as the test but close enough to help you out.
- For the design questions, check to see what all your available components are before trying to start the project.
- Hammer out the main components and then move things around to start the design. I actually do this with visio as well..get all the main stencils on the page first.
I met three people who had failed the test. It's a long test. Time management is crucial. Good luck.
I'll be taking the VCAP5-DCA next, thanks to the VMworld discount code from PearsonVue.